How to deal with Two differents Originaal Estimate fields at Jira

MARCO AURELIO SOARES CAMARA May 5, 2021

I just exported the issues in my Jira Software Project in order to create dashboards using Power BI, but I found two differente fields for Original Estimate (Original Estimate and Σ Original Estimate) and also for Remaining Estimate (Remaining Estimate and Î£ Remaining Estimate). As you can see, there are two collumns with small differences in the tiltes, but also the data in the filed are different for some issues. My questions are:

1 - Which are the differences between the fields Original Estimate and Σ Original Estimate?

2 - Which are the differences between the fields emaining Estimate and Î£ Remaining Estimate?

MArco Camara

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

The original and remaining estimate fields are actually aspects of the same field, but:

• Original Estimate = the estimate on the current issue
  • (Sum of) Original Estimate = the estimate on the current issue added up with all the estimates on the sub-tasks of this issue

Same sum is done for the remaining fields.

Note that this does not apply to Epics, stories are not sub-tasks of Epics

0 votes
MARCO AURELIO SOARES CAMARA May 6, 2021

Thanks Nic, very usefull the information you provided. I am proceeding with my project.

Marco Camara

Suggest an answer