How to customize the CFD or create similar graph

Scott Fagen September 21, 2017

Hi - total JIRA noob here.

We are running some Kanban projects.  I'm looking for a way to customize the CFD (or create a similar graphic) to be able to distinguish and/or select by issue types, e.g. show only stories and bugs, but not epics and tasks.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2021

Hi @Scott Fagen & @Vijay S V ,

Try the Cumulative Flow Diagram gadget offered by our Great Gadgets app. 

CumulativeFlowDiagramGadget.png

The gadget is very flexible in configuration and is based on a board or a filter (so you can decide what issues to display via the filter's JQL). It might solve your problem. For further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut

0 votes
Vijay S V July 26, 2019

Could you let me know how to include CFD into the Gadjet Report as right now in the available list of 7.1 Jira Gadjets there isn't default CFD available though in the reports sections was able to see but to import them into the Gadjet report custom built in could you please let me know

Thanks,

Vj

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2017

Hi Scott,

Thanks for trying to get your team's Kanban board up and running :)

Documentation for CFD is available at https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/using-a-board/using-reports/viewing-the-cumulative-flow-diagram

There are a few different ways you can configure what you are looking for. Here is one simple approach.

Your board can be configured with multiple "Quick Filters".

To configure a quick filter, go to your Board Configuration page and select "Quick Filters".

Create a new filter named "Stories Only" and enter JQL as "issuetype = Story". This will create a new Quick Filter on your board. Now go to your CFD report and click Refine to select the new Quick Filter and it will only include Story Issue Types.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer