How to create specific issues transition dashboard as issues progression ?

AppleGirl March 26, 2019

I really need help, assistance to create issues with specific fields selection and display the issues transition progression as dashboard.  For example, display several issues transition progression with field called ww Project ID = 1234 via dashboard.

A dashboard which able to show individual issues with ww Project ID = 1234 ( field ) selected currently in which stage and what is the leftover stages until issues closed.   

For example : -

***********************************************************************************************

ww Project ID = 1234 ( field )

Issues XYZ

Open - Design - Decision - Cost Approval - Delivery - Application Installation - Application Testing - Documentation - Go Lives - Closed

Issues XYY

Open - Design - Decision - Cost Approval - Delivery - Application Installation - Application Testing - Documentation - Go Lives - Closed

************************************************************************************************

Can anyone or experts help me please ?

Basically the board is my wish board, the board which I wanted to create.  I have no clue on how to achieve this via Issues filter and JIRA gadget.  That is the reason I am posting the query via Atlassian Community to seek for help and advice.

Is there anyone can shed some light here ?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
AppleGirl March 29, 2019

Is there anyone can help me please ?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2019

Hi AppleGirl,

I don't think I fully understand what you are tying to accomplish with the dashboard or why, but my first question would be, Doesn't the board already show you this? In other words, the card on the board will display the current status and what is left in the workflow. That's really the purpose of the board. 

Then the issue becomes which issues you want to see at any point in time - which can be accomplished with Quick Filters.

Would that solve what you are needing to see?

AppleGirl March 26, 2019

Hi John,

I wanted to build this dashboard.  Question is how to build.  Yes, we can use the issues filter.  Wondering which dashboard or gadget in JIRA is able to show such way ?

Thank you.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2019

I don't think there is a gadget that will show future steps in a workflow. Is there a reason the board will not provide the information you need?

AppleGirl March 27, 2019

Basically the board is my wish board, the board which I wanted to create.  I have no clue on how to achieve this via Issues filter and JIRA gadget.  That is the reason I am posting the query via Atlassian Community to seek for help and advice.

Is there anyone can shed some light here ?

Thank you.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2019

Good morning AppleGirl,

Maybe try this - Create a filter for each status in the process. For example, "project = XYZ and status = Open", then a filter for "project = XYZ and status = Design", etc. 

Then create a dashboard with the layout of 3 equal columns. Then add a gadget for Filter Results gadget for each of the filters you created. 

So first gadget would be for the issues with an Open status. Middle gadget would show Design, third gadget (far right) would show Decision. Then continue the process in the second row. 

That way you can see the list of issues currently in each status and see how many more statuses/steps are left for each issue. 

See if that helps. I still think that just a simple board would provide what you need and I am happy to help you with that.  :-)

Suggest an answer