How to create/manage teams

Deleted user May 7, 2021

Hi, I am moving from different software and probably don't understand some basic concept in Jira. I am admin + site admin, but I still don't see any way to manage teams (invite them to the projects, manage team members and so on). I found groups, but they seem to be more like role oriented.

Am I missing some permission? Where should  I manage my teams?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hello @[deleted] 

Welcome to the community.

What are you expecting to achieve with the teams that you define?

Here is a page from Atlassian's documentation that discusses Teams, with some links to additional related pages.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/teams-in-atlassian-cloud-975019753.html

... including how to start a team.

Another basic concepts that will be important to understand is Team Managed projects vs. Company Managed projects. They are managed very differently with regard to user permissions and customizations, and have some very different functionality.

Deleted user May 10, 2021

Yes, i am referencing to this start a team functionality. All I see under People is "View your profile". I don't see the option to start a team in either team and company projects I created.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

In my instance I am a Site, Organization, and JIRA admin, and I don't see the "View your profile" option under the People menu. But our instance is also Standard, not Premium.

I'm not finding anything about specific permissions needed to create a Team.

Can you provide a screen image of what you see?

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user May 12, 2021

Screenshot from 2021-05-12 17-13-52.png

Deleted user May 12, 2021

Sorry, too fast clicking. This is what I see.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2021

Hm, I'm stumped. I have not been able to find another user with Site Admin access in my instance that is experiencing this.

I've also checked with users who have no admin access, and they see the Start Team option.

My last suggestion is for you to contact Atlassian support directly on this, and then post back about the solution/info they provide.

Deleted user June 10, 2021

Thanks, it was bound to the developer role for whatever reason. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events