We need to set up a system user in Jira that can collect (ie read only) statistics and other information from any/ all projects.
The user requires and should have minimal rights but may be used later to automate some back end processes and reports.
The user has no rights to create, delete or alter any project.
The user is independant of AD ie local only but may be connected to by a remote API
How can this best be acheived? and what are the steps?
1. Create a group, add whatever users required AD/local does not matter.
2. Create a project role, put any group/user that should exist for everyone in the standard users/groups
3. Add the new project role to all permission schemes that should apply set it as:
- Browse Projects (required)
- View Development Tools (optional)
- View Read-Only Workflow (optional)
- View Voters and Watchers (optional)
When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events