How to create a dashboard with multiple projects and its status

Teja Bhaghavathi September 20, 2022
Hi Team,

I would like to create a dashboard with multiple projects represents the status of the tickets.

For instance,
1 ABC project - Total 10 tickets, Backlog-1, open-2 - Inprogress-3,Inreview-2, test-1 close-1

I tried using Gadgets to dashboard.1 .Issue statistics and Issue in progress. ( I am not able to create dashboard as it is expected)

Note-We are not using any add-ons in our Jira cloud .

I want a clear picture about the ticket and its status.

Appreciate your help,

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Dashboards work mostly off filters - the gadgets ask you to tell them what filter to use for their reporting.

So, to have a dashboard that looks at multiple projects, define the filters for it to include  "Project in (ABC, DEF, GHI)" and use that in your gadgets.

For the report you've got there, I'd suggest using the "two dimensional filter" - this will ask you for two axes as well as your saved filter.  Select project and status for these.

Thank you,

its working fine as expected.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Teja Bhaghavathi 

A few questions.

1. What query are you using?

2. Can you post a screenshot of what you get, and explain what it is not what you want?

The above info will be helpful in helping to get you a good resolution.

Take care,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your response.

1. I have selected 3 projects from JQL search and saved as a filter.
2.PFA image , I am able to view count of issues from projects 
I have used- Issue Statistics
3. I am trying to achieve is   each project name along with count of issues.( Backlog to close)
 Example- Backlog -1
                Inprogress-2
                Inreview-3
                 Test -3
                 Close-1

Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Thanks Teja. Can you please tell me the name of the 2 projects so I can provide you a JQL query to try?

Thanks,

Michael

Like Teja Bhaghavathi likes this

HI Michael,

I have tried the above and its looks good. but adding one more query to requirement.
1. we have one custom field (i.e single line text ) 
2. If I would like to sort it by that field along with the above fields( Project and status) 
Is it possible?

Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2022

Hi Teja,

Great job! The answers are:

1. we have one custom field (i.e single line text ) 

The two-dimensional filter will not let you add a custom text field to the x or y-axis. 

2. If I would like to sort it by that field along with the above fields( Project and status) 
Is it possible?

You cannot do this because you cannot filter using the field.

Sorry those are not the answers you were hoping for.

Take care,

Michael

If you accept these answers, please mark them as Accepted. Thank you!

Like Teja Bhaghavathi likes this
Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2022

Thanks, @Teja Bhaghavathi would you mind marking my previous answer as accepted? Again, thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events