How to correctly port forward Jira Mobile

LTM December 25, 2019

Hello,

I have a Jira server on the LAN which works fine with any type of access: computer, phone web browser or mobile app.

I have forwarded the TCP and UDP ports 8080 to the outside world on my Microtik router. Accessing the WAN ip and port in a web browser (computer or phone), jira works fine. The mobile app however does not. What other specific things needs to be configured for it to work, if while on LAN it works with no issues?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2019

Hi @LTM ,

I would suspect that your Jira instance is not using the HTTPS protocol and the app rely on the instance being secured.

Please install a reverse proxy and setup SSL certificates to your instance and try the app again.

LTM December 28, 2019

@brbojorque Yes, indeed, I’m not using HTTPS yet. But I would assume that if it works inside LAN, should work on the outside also if the forwarding on 8080 port is done correctly (and it is, as the browser works fine).

And yesterday, someone edited a task, and the app sent me a notification, even though it basically never got a connection to the server from the outside address (but is saved as the last one on the recent connection list). Which gets me thinking that there is an additional port required for the login through the mobile app. Is this the case?

Suggest an answer