How to copy the value of a field from an incident every time an incident is linked to it

Victor Tobon June 28, 2021

Good morning Community, how can I make a copy of the value of a field every time I link an incident to it? I want the value to be taken from the parent incident and that appears in the incident that was linked, I already tried this through the workflow without results, from the same way through automation, but I can't get the desired result, I can only do the reverse of my needregla.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2021

Hi @Victor Tobon

please beg my pardon for not understanding everything written in another language than English well but I somehow made a rule working.

It works on linking as well as linking during create. Please not that you can use any custom field, I tested it just with copying the Description over.

grafik.png

For Edit action it is as follows:

grafik.png

Please check if it is reflecting your scenario and test on your instance if this should be the case.

Happy to hear feedback!

Regards,
Daniel

Magdalena Mileva August 4, 2021

@Daniel Ebers 

Thank you for this answer! It helps me to solve a similar problem to my instance! 

I was reviewing so many JQL commands on how to copy a value and here is the answer!

Cheers!

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2021

Hola Victor,

Me imagino que queres copiar el QA integrator del ticket que fue el trigger.  En ese caso, tienes que usar un smart value:

{{triggerIssue}}

Refers to the original issue that triggered the rule; used when you branch the chain. Used with the Related issues condition. All properties available to {{issue}} are also available on this smart value.

Detalles Link: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/smart-values-general/

Aca hay otros recursos de Jira Automation que te puden ayudar tambien: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNpoN5CO_xVHjHLMaU4h02w

Saludos

Victor Tobon June 29, 2021

Hello @Fabian Lim, and I echo what you follow me but and the rule is executed, but not always, sometimes it does not perform any action and when another incident is created that is linked it executes it for that and for the previous one, how can I modify my rule to run it for the newly created and linked incident, I greatly appreciate your support.

Nueva tejisgjs.jpg

Suggest an answer