How to copy selected fields from a form onto subtasks of an issue?

Evan Smith September 21, 2022

I have an automation in place which generates subtasks when a particular request type  is submitted and creates an issue. This request type is linked to one of our forms and I'd like to select certain fields from each form to be copied into the subtasks. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Is the data from the form fields being added to the Request and into the new Issue created by the automation? You can extend the automation that creates the Issue to also create the sub-tasks, and set fields in the Sub-tasks based on the fields in the Request or newly created Issue.

Evan Smith September 22, 2022

No it looks like the form sits within the issue but it doesn't share any of its fields. I checked the automation and I don't see any of the same fields from the form available to "copy from issue" into the subtasks.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

I don't think I'm understanding your use of a form in this scenario. Can you provide more information on how the form is "within" the issue? Can you provide a screen image? Is the form an attachment on the issue?

Sure. I've included two screen shots. One is of the request type which the form is attached to and the other is a test execution of the issue (with its subtasks) and the form section at the bottom.

Screenshot 2022-09-22 161739.pngScreenshot 2022-09-22 161704.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022
Evan Smith September 23, 2022

Thanks Trudy - I appreciate the additional feedback on this.

0 votes

(Responded directly to previous request)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events