How to copy a board in the new JIRA experience

Juan Carlos December 11, 2017

Hi,

I've been searching for a way to copy an existing board with the new JIRA experience, and I could not find it on the interface nor in the documentation.

Could you please point me in the right direction? Where is it?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2017

Click on magnifying glass > Recent Boards > View All Boards locate the board you want to make a copy of and click the ellipsis where you will find Copy.

Juan Carlos December 11, 2017

Thanks Jack. I was not expecting to see the access to the list of boards under the search option. Good to know.

Matthew Leach January 3, 2018

Thanks Jack! Seems like they should have left it in the ellipsis on the board view instead of having to go to all boards. 

Shawn G Kelly April 12, 2018

I am a site administrator but I do not see the ellipsis for all projects.  Only some are missing. I am the project owner.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2018

Are the ones missing Agility projects?

Yes. I can't seem to do anything to the projects. The options and settings are very very limited. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2018

Agility projects have default boards that do not have the same capabilities of boards associated w/ other project types. So I expect that what you are seeing is by design. A screenshot would confirm it for me.

Jira.png

None of the options on the right. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2018

so as suspected it is WAD. Agility will not provide any 'ellipse-able' actions as they are default 'always there' boards. I rarely stick w/ the default board but unfortunately Agility projects do not allow you to create another board.

Like Asante Johnson likes this

Thank you for your answer. Being new to Jira we were struggling to understand why we could do somethings to certain projects, but not others. It's not very clear in the documentation. 

Suggest an answer