How to copy a board in the new JIRA experience

Hi,

I've been searching for a way to copy an existing board with the new JIRA experience, and I could not find it on the interface nor in the documentation.

Could you please point me in the right direction? Where is it?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 11, 2017

Click on magnifying glass > Recent Boards > View All Boards locate the board you want to make a copy of and click the ellipsis where you will find Copy.

Thanks Jack. I was not expecting to see the access to the list of boards under the search option. Good to know.

Thanks Jack! Seems like they should have left it in the ellipsis on the board view instead of having to go to all boards. 

I am a site administrator but I do not see the ellipsis for all projects.  Only some are missing. I am the project owner.  

Jack Brickey Community Champion Apr 12, 2018

Are the ones missing Agility projects?

Yes. I can't seem to do anything to the projects. The options and settings are very very limited. 

Jack Brickey Community Champion Apr 12, 2018

Agility projects have default boards that do not have the same capabilities of boards associated w/ other project types. So I expect that what you are seeing is by design. A screenshot would confirm it for me.

None of the options on the right. 

so as suspected it is WAD. Agility will not provide any 'ellipse-able' actions as they are default 'always there' boards. I rarely stick w/ the default board but unfortunately Agility projects do not allow you to create another board.

Thank you for your answer. Being new to Jira we were struggling to understand why we could do somethings to certain projects, but not others. It's not very clear in the documentation. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 21, 2018 in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

1,233 views 10 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you