How to copy a agile board using Java API?

Antonio Dionisio November 6, 2017

I am developing an add-on (Jira 7.5+) that can create project based on the customer actions. The project is created using a template but it happens that the project can be a software project so I have to create a board based that project too. While it is possible to create a board programatically I can not find a way to copy  a existing board including the configuration. Moreover as far as I know there is no way to configure a given board using Java API.

I am aware that it does exist a REST API that does what I am asking for but since the add-on will run on the server side I am not able to make an authenticated REST call without storing somewhere an user and password for it.

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antonio Dionisio November 8, 2017

I managed to copy a agile board doing this:

First adding greenhopper dependency to my add-on pom.xml:

<dependency>
          <groupId>com.atlassian.jira.plugins</groupId>
          <artifactId>jira-greenhopper-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>7.4.0</version>
          <scope>provided</scope>
      </dependency>

Next I have to get the RapidBoardService within my class:

RapidViewService rapidViewService = (RapidViewService) ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(RapidViewService.class);

RapidViewService has a method for fully copying a rapidview:

rapidViewService.copy(user, board)
Nikola Sandalski March 18, 2018

Hello @Antonio Dionisio, which JIRA version do you use?

0 votes
Yusuf TAMBAĞ December 23, 2019

Hi,

I recently needed to use Agile components within my Jira plugin and I realized that they are not defined as components but beans. So, following code worked for me to obtain rapidview service and rapid view manager. beanFactory is of type (org.springframework.beans.factory.ListableBeanFactory) and you can inject it through constructor as usual:

public MyAction(@ComponentImport final ListableBeanFactory beanFactory) {

Map<String,RapidViewService> rapidViewServiceMap=beanFactory.getBeansOfType(RapidViewService.class);
Map<String,RapidViewManager> rapidViewManagerMap=beanFactory.getBeansOfType(RapidViewManager.class);
if(rapidViewServiceMap==null || rapidViewServiceMap.size()==0)
LOGGER.error("Unable to obtain rapid view service!!!");
else
this.rapidViewService = rapidViewServiceMap.get(rapidViewServiceMap.keySet().iterator().next());
if(rapidViewManagerMap!=null && rapidViewManagerMap.size()==0)
LOGGER.error("Unable to obtain rapid view manager!!");
else
this.rapidViewManager =rapidViewManagerMap.get(rapidViewManagerMap.keySet().iterator().next());

0 votes
Anton Chemlev - Toolstrek -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2017

Have you already explored this - https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/6.7.12/ ?

For example, package com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira.boards

h November 7, 2017

<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.jira.plugin</groupId>
<artifactId>jira-greenhopper-api</artifactId>
<version>6.7.12</version>
</dependency>

ithis is my code ,but it's not work

what should i do?

h November 25, 2017

i have the same problem with you ,i add the code to pom.xml,certainty l failed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2017

You'll need to describe your problem better than "it failed".

Suggest an answer