How to configure post-function workflow transition to update the 'flagged' field

laurence bascle September 22, 2013

I would like to 'tick' a value in the 'flagged' field (custom field created by greenhopper/agile) if the parent issue's status has been 'in progress' for more than 1 working day.

on greenhopper itself, i had set a filter

status changed BEFORE startOfDay() TO "In Progress" AND status not in (Closed) AND status not in (Open) and issuetype="Technical task"

but it is not as useful as an issue flagged by a postfunction, which is more visual (bright yellow!) and more likely to get picked up.

I believe the right place to set this is in workflow, and "Set a field from a set of rules based on regular expressions"? Unfortunately the syntax for this is really complex, and i do not know how to write a condition in.

Can anyone help?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

The workflow is not the right place to do this, as what you want does not involve changing the status of the issue!

What you need is some kind of (jelly-)escalation to update the flagged field.

laurence bascle September 30, 2013

argh

i think Jelly is slightly beyond my capacity, i had a look at that https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Jelly+Examples but all of these are too different from my case you be able to do easy tweaks.

anyone know of a UI that helps building jira jelly queries?

Suggest an answer