How to configure Activity Stream to only show updates from a specific project?

Daniela Tiponut January 16, 2018

I just tried to configure the gadget per project and unfortunately I'm not seeing the "Project" filter option anymore. 

I found and read this topic https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-activity-stream-gadget-720416850.html, but it doesn't help me because I don't have all these options. Currently I'm only able to see these 5 filters: https://www.screencast.com/t/vvD4aLXJ.

Can anyone please provide an option to filter my activity stream per project?

Thanks! 

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

Just to update, this is what I noticed and works for me.

I noticed that there are 2 of these activity stream gadgets (remember to show all gadgets), one tag as external and another local.

Using the local one works. Click on 'Add a global filter' > Project

Please upvote if this helps! As this gadget seems abit buggy to me

2021-12-09 20_48_08-SET Deep Support Board - JIRA.png2021-12-09 20_50_35-SET Deep Support Board - JIRA.png

2021-12-09 20_50_59-SET Deep Support Board - JIRA.png

1 vote
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

I think the best option is to use a filter instead of selecting a project. 

Do you have "Browse Project" permission on the user that is creating the dashboard? 

Daniela Tiponut January 16, 2018

I don't have that option available BUT it seems that my issue got fixed, I'm now able to see the Global Filters section and I'm able to Filter by Project: https://www.screencast.com/t/ZJNBRmSJmWC.

Anyway, thank you for reaching out.

Daniela Tiponut January 19, 2018

Unfortunately, my initial problem resurfaced again. I was not able to find a scenario that would switch between the two behaviors (https://www.screencast.com/t/vvD4aLXJ and https://www.screencast.com/t/ZJNBRmSJmWC) but I'm still investigating it. I'm sure I'm not doing something right, but I'm not sure what. 

I'll post an update here once I figure it out.

Thank you!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

So this is peculiar. I’m trying to better understand what is going on. Are you saying that you are seeing different drop down options when you go to configure the activity stream gadget? That would be quite odd indeed. Have you been able to set up any activity stream based upon a project as yet?

Daniela Tiponut January 19, 2018

Yes, I have been able to set it per project. I even bookmarked it while it was still working and after a while, I tried opening it from the bookmark but I was no longer able to see the Project filtering - please see video here: https://www.screencast.com/t/Lbj1ExUMRB2

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

well that is strange. It looks like you are on server. On cloud it works fine for me (see below). Hopefully someone on server can add some color to the problem you are experiencing.

activity_stream.png

Jeff Chastain September 3, 2021

I can't get this to work either.  I am using DC.  I don't have the ability to choose just one project.  Our company has hundreds of projects and an activity stream for all of them is meaningless.  Interestingly, if I go back to older dashboards; it works fine.  When I edit these old dashboards, I have an option to select projects.  However, I lose that on any new dashboards.  Please HELP!

Like jessica_weed likes this
jessica_weed November 29, 2021

We're also facing the same issue and are unable to view the projects option in the dropdown while using Datacenter 8.5.5. What version are others using that reproduces this issue? Is this a known bug? We have an upgrade planned for early next year, hoping that will remediate the issue. 

0 votes
Azfar Masut
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2019

@Daniela Tiponut did you manage to find out what's the problem? Facing the similar issue with you here

Daniela Tiponut October 1, 2019

@Azfar Masut I didnt find any fix for this, but I don't see this issue anymore, it kind of got fixed by itself. 

Kevin Board November 21, 2019

I am seeing exact same issue.  Confluence is linked fine to Jira.  Issue caught our attention when a user brought it to us.

Using Jira DC.

- Confluence space is using Jira ACtivity stream and I can see he has project linked to his project.  I can see tickets, but when I click on them it takes you to Confluence dead space not jira.

- Created a test page, added the activity gadget and when configuring it to match, I no longer see project, i see space, Jira Issue Key (which also doesn't work), username or update date.

I do not have option to set project anymore, also for whatever reason when clicking on the jira ticket in the activity stream that was configured before issue, I get linked to a confluence dead space.

Ok update.  I found out there are two activity stream gadgets, one for confluence and one for jira, so I can get it to work now with "Project is XXX" set, however when I do click on the ticket that is displayed, it takes me to a dead confluence page again.

Thoughts?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question