How to compare resolved date with Today's date to get 'number of months'

Siddharth Maheshwari
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

Hello Everyone, I am working on a project where closing each feature we are saving some monthly running cost which we have updated in Business Value field, I need to automate Savings calculation in a way to get the commulative savings till today.

Calculation needed is number of months from Resolved date and multiply it with Business value and populate it back in some other field.  

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2024

Hi Siddarth - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You might be able to accomplish this by creating a custom number field that stores the number of days/months of the difference in dates. Then create an Automation Rule that will calculate the diff between the dates and put the number in the custom field. 

Then you should be able to use the value of the number field in a calculation. 

0 votes
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2024

Hi @Siddharth Maheshwari 

This can't be done ootb.

You will need a marketplace app to solve this requirement.

You could look at reporting apps to enhance dashoboards, BI integration within Jira

App:

• Custom Charts for Jira
  • Sumup
  • eazyBI

Suggest an answer