How to clean up 'Done' tasks in a NextGen project?

Jeff Patterson May 14, 2019

We're fairly new to Jira and are using a NextGen project and have started accumulating a lot of tasks in the 'Done' column of our board.  Is there any way to clean these up?  I did some Googling and found references to adding a filter that only shows tasks from the last 30 days, but that doesn't seem to be possible in the NextGen project.   Am I missing something?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

they are supposed to age off after 14 business days in Done status or at least that was the interval at one time. i haven't tested this lately. 

Jeff Patterson May 14, 2019

Thanks Jack!  I'll see if that is happening and update this as the answer if so.

Jenifer Kuntz June 26, 2019

Is the 14 days based on the Resolved date? Or does it somehow track when it was moved into the column. 

We had a user move some issues from the Done column to the backlog to get them off the board so need to know if the time is going to start over if we move them to done.

Andy February 4, 2020

Any way to change this value?

0 votes
Dwight Pfundstein June 5, 2019

You drag completed items to the Done column. When you end your sprint they are removed from the Board. If your sprint is weekly, then they are removed weekly. If your sprint is a 2 week sprint, then done items will be removed after two weeks.

Also, there is a new "View Issues" screen where you can change the status of items to Done, rather than dragging them.

Thanks

Dwight

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2019

That applies to NG scrum boards but for Kanban they age off.

Suggest an answer