Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to check project progress by project sprints

Hi,
I want to check how much percent done my Jira project on Jira by sprint, so how i can achieve this thing, does Jira provide an endpoint for the rest of API?

2 answers

1 vote

Hello @Suraj Jaiswal 

I do not understand your question? Can you try asking it a different way? Are you asking about how to do something with the API?

Hi @Trudy Claspill,

I want to check the progress of my project, and what percentage out of 100 is has done with the help of a total sprints.

Hope you understood my point

I understand that you want to evaluate your project to determine how much of it is "complete" and show this as a percentage.

Do you want that percentage to be based on number of issues, hours estimated and logged against the issues, or Story points?

Which issue types do you want to include in that measurement?

I do not understand how you want Sprints to be represented in that report.

Can you provide an example where you specify sample issues and tell how they are associated to sprints? Can you provide a mock up of the report output you are trying to get?

0 votes

The Actual vs Planned chart represents the progress of the sprints towards the end date. It shows whether the sprint will be completed ahead or behind the scheduled date. You can view the progress for all the sprints in a single view. You can also compare the different sprints and monitor its progress.
Click in the upper-right corner of the chart and view the progress for the current day.
Select the sprint name to view its Actual vs Planned bar.

The actual vs planned chart is sprint specific, you can view the progress of all the sprints in your project here.

What does every legend mean and how to track the progress?
% Complete - Represented in dark blue and denotes the completed percentage of the sprint out of 100
% Incomplete - Represented in light blue and denotes percentage that is yet to be completed. In Payments sprint, you can see 82% on the bar, which means the sprint has completed 82% and 18% is incomplete
Completed Ahead Schedule - Represented in green and is denoted when the sprint is completed ahead of the scheduled end date.
Completed Behind Schedule - Represented in red and is denoted when the sprint is completed after the scheduled end date
Extended - Represented in dotted lines and is denoted when the sprint is overdue and is still in progress. In the chart above, the payment sprint is extended beyond the scheduled end date and is still in progress. The extended line indicates that the sprint is active even after its end date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events