Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change the owner of a board's filter

Hi, I tried to follow the other discussions related to this topic but none of the solutions fixed my issue.

We have a filter that's used for a sprint board within a project. The product owner (who is no longer with our company) was the owner and we're now trying to transition the ownership to the new product owner. The new product owner is shown as the administrator of the filter but I'm not able to change the owner field to her name.

Is there a way to change the ownership of this filter so the new product owner can make changes to the board? She's not able to add sprint dates or open/close sprints.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jun 02, 2021

If this is a shared filter and you are a site admin then go to the admin area > issues and shared filters find the filter and see if you can edit it from there. 

Thanks for your quick response, Jack!

I followed your steps and I was able to change the owner in the shared filters area for admins, however the change in board settings didn't happen. It still has the old owner listed. Do I have to wait a while for the switch to happen? It's been about 30 minutes now and still no change.

John Funk Community Leader Jun 03, 2021

Board permissions are separate from Filter permissions. You will need to got to Board Settings > General and add the new administrator there. 

I went to that page for the board and I'm still not able to change the owner. Below you will find a link to a video I recorded showing you what I did. The Owner needs to be changed to the Administrator's name. I can modify the Administrator field but not the Owner field. I was able to change the owner in the shared filters page but the change did not reflect on the board.

Please review:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/4011810?key=9d95a02b41bbe0e813b6c6169299b8dc

John Funk Community Leader Jun 04, 2021

Hey @Shaquanna Chappelle  - That's not the route you need to go. You need to click on the gear icon in the top right of the navigation bar (Settings) and select System.

Then on the left side menu of that page, you need to scroll down and select Shared Filters.

Then search for the filter and you can change the ownership there. 

Jack Community Leader Jun 04, 2021

Precisely

Like John Funk likes this

Hi @John Funk and @Jack - yes, that's what I did the first time and the owner didn't change for the selected filter. Please see the video here: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/4013717?key=71bd5c6bfa425bef9a118fe48e0fa810

John Funk Community Leader Jun 04, 2021

I have not see than before. Have you tried changing it to a different user just to see if there is a problem with that user? 

If you have tried and it still doesn't work, you can do one of a couple of things. 

One is just do a save as on the filter and give it a new name (keep the same code). Then share the filter and attach it to the boards that currently the original filter. 

The second thing is to submit a support ticket to Atlassian for help:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

167 views 6 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you