How to change the estimable issue types of a Agile project

Florian Schaeffler July 16, 2014

I want to change the estimable issue types of one project, so that on the Agile board there's this circle with the story points within. I know that's possible as I change something here before, but after quite a lot of time of searching I still can't find it. So do I do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Arron Parkinson August 11, 2014
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

It's not project setting, it's done by the board. So, go to the board, configure, estimation tab...

Florian Schaeffler July 16, 2014

Sure, that's true. But when I click on the estimation tab, I can't adjust the list of issue types that are estimable e.g. don't estimate Bugs, but estimate New Features.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2014

That's controlled by whether you put the estimate fields on the issue types in the projects (using field context and/or field configuration)

Florian Schaeffler July 22, 2014

That's not what I was looking for. There's is (or was) a screen where you could just selected the estimable Issue Types, then select the projects for which this should be applied and then hit the OK-button. However, I can't find that screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2014

I vaguely remember something like that in an old version of Greenhopper, but I'm really not sure it was estimates. That's definitely not the way Agile now works though.

Florian Schaeffler July 22, 2014

I did this around a month ago, but since then I can't find it anymore. Means, it can't adjust it.

Arron Parkinson August 11, 2014

I had the same problem.

Quick answer:

Go to Administration (cog at top right of page) > Issues > Custom Fields > Find "Story Points" > Select Configure (from cog at right of field) > Edit Configuration > Go to Choose applicable issue types > select "Any issue type" > Modify.

This page helped me:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/How+do+I+configure+the+Story+Points+field+to+be+displayed+in+my+Scrum+board

Suggest an answer