How to change the estimable issue types of a Agile project

I want to change the estimable issue types of one project, so that on the Agile board there's this circle with the story points within. I know that's possible as I change something here before, but after quite a lot of time of searching I still can't find it. So do I do this?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It's not project setting, it's done by the board. So, go to the board, configure, estimation tab...

Sure, that's true. But when I click on the estimation tab, I can't adjust the list of issue types that are estimable e.g. don't estimate Bugs, but estimate New Features.

That's controlled by whether you put the estimate fields on the issue types in the projects (using field context and/or field configuration)

That's not what I was looking for. There's is (or was) a screen where you could just selected the estimable Issue Types, then select the projects for which this should be applied and then hit the OK-button. However, I can't find that screen.

I vaguely remember something like that in an old version of Greenhopper, but I'm really not sure it was estimates. That's definitely not the way Agile now works though.

I did this around a month ago, but since then I can't find it anymore. Means, it can't adjust it.

I had the same problem.

Quick answer:

Go to Administration (cog at top right of page) > Issues > Custom Fields > Find "Story Points" > Select Configure (from cog at right of field) > Edit Configuration > Go to Choose applicable issue types > select "Any issue type" > Modify.

This page helped me:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/How+do+I+configure+the+Story+Points+field+to+be+displayed+in+my+Scrum+board

This widget could not be displayed.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,086 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you