How to bulk edit Xray Tests using the same jira ticket id/key by csv import or any other method

Rishith Ramanand May 26, 2021

I have lots of tests that I need to bulk edit, either by csv import or any other efficient way. I don't have jira admin access. Can someone please help?

Currently while importing the csv i cannot map the 'Key' field to anything. If I have admin access which field do I select from the dropdown? my admin currently cannot see any field which I can map the 'Key' field to.

If I map all other fields new cases are being created instead of editing the existing cases

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hi @Rishith Ramanand ,

in Xray Cloud this isn't yet possible. You can vote on this issue existing in the backlog.

https://jira.xpand-it.com/browse/XRAYCLOUD-595

Note that it also depends on what kind of bulk edition you aim to do. If you aim to edit specific test fields, then it's not possible; if you aim to edit generic Jira fields, such as labels and other custom fields, you can always use Jira's native CSV importer for that, as long as you provide the issue key of the corresponding Test issues.

Regards

Sérgio

Rishith Ramanand June 4, 2021

Thanks @Sergio Freire - Xblendfor your answer.

Currently, is there any workaround to bulk edit the 'Unstructured Definition' field for the 'Generic' type test case? 

Regards,

Rishith Ramanand

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2021

Hi @Rishith Ramanand ,

eventully only by using the GraphQL API.

Regards

Sérgio

Rishith Ramanand June 5, 2021

Thank you @Sergio Freire - Xblend and for that, you don't need any administrative permissions right? a normal tester like me with x-ray access should be able to do it if we are using non-admin auth credentials to log in and update using GraphQL API.

Regards,

Rishith Ramanand

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2021

exactly

Like Rishith Ramanand likes this
Rishith Ramanand June 6, 2021

Thanks a lot, @Sergio Freire - Xblend 

Like Sergio Freire - Xblend likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS