How to bulk copy Issues via CSV file

Svenja Diester February 8, 2023

I have some issues (Epics --> Stories --> Sub-tasks) that I need new on a regular base, and I don’t want to create all the issues new all the time. So, I need a way to copy them.

As using one of the clone apps is not an option, I tried to kind of bulk copy the issues via CSV file import.

For this I exported the issues, changed the Component (to recognise and filter the new imported issues) and then tried a lot of different thinks to upload the issues and create new ones out of it.

I either managed to only change the component from the already existing issues into the new component, because I used already existing Parent ids/ Issues ids.
Or I managed to create all issues new, but without the right link from Sub-tasks to Story or from Story to Epic. This is because I can’t upload an existing Parent id/ Issue id to connect with, because I create all issues at the same time.

My question is: how can I create the issues new, with already linking them to the right parent, without only changing the already existing issues?

Thanks for your help 

1 answer

3 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Svenja Diester,

You should be able to come a long way with automation. In this example from the template library you can see how an Epic and all its linked stories can be copied:

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 12.45.41.pngHope this helps! 

Svenja Diester March 8, 2023

Thanks for the answer,

It is not working. Maybe because I don't want to clone into a different project? Or did I forgot something?
My automation looks like this.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 10.21.13.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events