How to block transition if Original estimation is empty

Hareesh May 11, 2023

I need to make sure that the developers are adding the Original estimation and Due date while moving a task to In progress. How can I ensure that?

I tried to do it with transition rule. But I couldn't do it as the Original estimate field was not there in the Field drop down

Please see the screenshot. Please help me to resolve this.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 12.17.50 AM.png

3 answers

2 votes
Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Hi @Hareesh

I feel like this is not possible in a team-managed software project, as it doesn't seem possible to add a rule based on the "Original estimate" field (as you said, it is not selectable in the dropdown). What you could do is creating a custom field, which should be visible in the dropdown after adding it. Alternatively, you could switch to a company-managed project, but I assume this is not an option as your current project is already used actively?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

@Hareesh unfortunately, as very well @Michel Neeser has stated, this is not possible on TMP since original estimate is not available on the dropdown menu.

Michel Neeser
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

@Hareesh If you switch to a company-managed project to solve this, the answers from @Brant Schroeder and @Deepanshu Natani will be very helpful.

Please consider accepting this answer if it helped you, maybe it is helpful for others too. Thanks!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

@Hareesh You will need to add a screen on the transition that you want this to occur on.  You will need the time tracking field on the transition screen that you added to the workflow transition. You can then use a transition validator, validator > fields required > original estimate.  This will prevent the transition from occurring if the user does not add information to this field.  

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2023

Hi @Hareesh 

You can use a "Field required validator" in the transition .

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events