How to avoid assigning test execution to specific users

Patrice_Rufiange August 29, 2022

Hello,

I am still new in using Xray and I come for the ALM world!

So far I have been able to create and manage Test Repositories and Test Plans easily. But when it comes to Test Executions, it becomes a challenge.

It appears that creating large Test Executions with many test cases is almost unamageable, as the whole Test Execution has to be done by one single person (the assignee). I want to be able to have the execution to be done by anyone who has access to it, as testers on different teams can be interchanged. I want to have the flexibility of letting anyone on a team to take over the execution of a test without having to create additional Test Executions for him or her. Since the Assignee field does not support groups, how can this be done ? Is there even a way to allow an issue of type "Test Execution" to be "Anyone" or even leave the assignee open?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Hello Patrice,

The good news is that everyone in the project could execute a test even if that member is not the assignee of the test execution. You could actually leave the assignee field open. Then it is only a matter of permissions.

Youl will ind how to configure that scenario right here https://docs.getxray.app/display/ProductKB/%5BXray+Server%5D+No+permissions+to+execute+Test+Executions

Cheers,

Suggest an answer