How to automatically reassign an issue to the original assignee in workflow after code review

DLR December 29, 2014

Hello,

I'm using JIRA Agile v 6.6.41 and working on a custom workflow. The workflow statuses go from Open–>In Development–>In Testing–>In Code Review–> Close Issue. We have one person doing code reviews so I have added a post function to automatically assign any issues dragged into code review to this particular engineer. I would like to add another post function that automatically reassigns the issue back to the original developer after the code reviewer drags the issue into the Close status (or any other status for that matter). I haven't been able to find out how to do this. Can someone please help!

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Rodolfo Romero
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2014

You can't do this with the built-in JIRA workflow functionality but you can install the add-on JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions, which expands the basic functionality of JIRA workflows. It has a cost associated but not too high and it's totally worthy.

Aviad Pines March 23, 2016

How exactly do you reassign the issue to the original assignee with Misc Workflow Extensions? 

Suggest an answer