How to associate a Team to a Project

delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Is there a way to associate a team(s) to a project and have that field filled in for each issue when the ticket is created?  

One way it via the workflow but we have a standard workflow that we use for our projects and having to maintain different but same workflows for each team becomes an admin nightmare.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

How are you defining your Teams in Jira?

delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

They are setup via the People->Start a team, given a name and then members of that team are added.

I can see the various teams via the Plan->Teams view.  Also Plans -> View Shared Teams.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Ah, ok, I was thinking that's what you meant, but there's a few other things it might have been.

These teams are not really Jira artifacts, they're a bit more global.  Jira uses basic users and their groups for access, and not a lot more.  Teams in this sense are collections of people anyone can choose to group together.  There's no connection between a project and a Team, unless you automate something to do it manually (at the moment - Teams here are also quite new and I suspect Atlassian have plans to make them a lot more powerful)

Like delmario likes this
delmario
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2021

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , That makes sense and is what I was finding.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer