How to add transition from Closed to Reopened status

Rebecca Moore December 1, 2021

When working in my workflow, I created a "Reopen Issue" transition to the Closed step, but not seeing the Reopen Issue link available in the Closed status Jira.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Rebecca Moore , can you explain it in more detail? What type of project do you use? Is it team-managed or company-managed? Can you share some screenshots? I don't understand this part of your question: "but not seeing the Reopen Issue link available in the Closed status Jira.".

Give me more details and I will try to help you :).

Workflow diagram.JPG

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

@Rebecca Moore unfortunatelly only one screenshot was uploaded (probably). Can you try it once again pls?

0 votes

The first screen shows the workflow transition parameters from Closed to Reopened status.  However, as seen in second screen, not seeing the Reopen Issue transition link option in the Closed issue.  Not understanding why.  Including a workflow snapshot as well.

I am using a Cloud version of Jira and is used for team managed software development projects .  I have Jira Administrative rights.

Suggest an answer