Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add public holidays for teams in different geographical location in Jira Software (cloud)?

How do I add public holidays for teams working on the same project but in different countries and timezones?

There will be dates when nobody is working but also dates when a team in one country will not be working whilst the team in the other country will be.

I want to be able to account for reduced capacity on those days in reporting.

I am using Jira Software (Cloud).

Thanks

Shireen

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I am guessing that you are looking at working days configured in boards in Jira Software?

Then that is not going to be possible out of the box. There is no team/country/user functionality to that holiday function. Think of it as holiday for the project and not the persons working in the project. 

If i had this need and could not expand by using plugins, then I would separate the country teams with a project each. Then have one combined project where i would have Epics tying it all together. It would have to be quite a big project though to warrant the extra work required. 

In Jira Servicedesk if you are using SLAs you could have different calendars for each team and use query's for assigning correct team to correct calendar. Other possibilities would apply with a number of plugins that could get you this functionality.

Hi Krister,

Thanks for your reply.

It is what I expected. :-) I will check out if there are any plug-ins that can help with functionality.

The project is not big enough yet to warrant the extra work.

Thanks again.

Shireen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,549 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you