How to add public holidays for teams in different geographical location in Jira Software (cloud)?

Shireen August 16, 2019

How do I add public holidays for teams working on the same project but in different countries and timezones?

There will be dates when nobody is working but also dates when a team in one country will not be working whilst the team in the other country will be.

I want to be able to account for reduced capacity on those days in reporting.

I am using Jira Software (Cloud).

Thanks

Shireen

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

I am guessing that you are looking at working days configured in boards in Jira Software?

Then that is not going to be possible out of the box. There is no team/country/user functionality to that holiday function. Think of it as holiday for the project and not the persons working in the project. 

If i had this need and could not expand by using plugins, then I would separate the country teams with a project each. Then have one combined project where i would have Epics tying it all together. It would have to be quite a big project though to warrant the extra work required. 

In Jira Servicedesk if you are using SLAs you could have different calendars for each team and use query's for assigning correct team to correct calendar. Other possibilities would apply with a number of plugins that could get you this functionality.

Shireen August 18, 2019

Hi Krister,

Thanks for your reply.

It is what I expected. :-) I will check out if there are any plug-ins that can help with functionality.

The project is not big enough yet to warrant the extra work.

Thanks again.

Shireen

Pramodya Gamaethige August 16, 2021

Hi @Krister Broman _Advania_ i have the same requirement for both jira software and service management. Any luck on the plugins?

TIA

Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2022

Hi @Pramodya Gamaethige 

If you still need a solution or want to find a better one as more complex system you can try ActivityTimeline - the capacity management plugin

Suggest an answer