How to add epic to Agile board

Rajesh S January 19, 2014

I have created one epic. Now I am not sure how to add this epic to a particular agile board.

Please help??

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2014

You need to make sure that the input to that agile board (can be a filter or project or multiple projects) contains that epic.

So, check what is the input to your board, if it is just a project, then move your epic to that project and it will start appearing on the agile board.

If its a filter, then modify the jql filter so that it includes the epic you just created.

rahul

0 votes
John C June 16, 2016

To elaborate on Rahul's answer, cos it took me a while to understand the implications:

• Epics are a type of issue
  • Epic issues are typically assigned to someone different than the task issues that are associated to the epics
  • Epic issues must be included in the board filter in order for epics to be available for board capabilities, eg in the backlog epics panel, in reports, etc,
  • Typical board filter might look like
  • project = project-name AND assignee in (user1, user2, etc) ORDER BY Rank ASC
  • In that case you need to explicitly include epic type issues
  • project = project-name AND (assignee in (user1, user2, etc) or type=epic) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Suggest an answer