How to add an other time tracking field ?

Jeanne ROBERT February 8, 2023

Hello, 

We are using the time tracking field for our developpers team. But we have an other team called "quality testing team" and we have to seperate their time they are worked on tasks. 

I would like to add an other field like "time tracking" but i think isn't possible. 

Someone could tell me if it's possible ? or if i have an other option ?

I tried to add the Tempo and Time in Status App but it's not working as we want. 

Thank you in advance for your help

Jeanne

3 answers

1 vote
Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Jeanne ROBERT,

We've been very successful using the Worklogs by SolDevelo add-on to generate reports of time spent by team/person/month, etc. I'm not affiliated with SolDevelo, just a happy customer.

But i need to see the different time track from each user in the jira task. I don't need to go to the app. I need to have the information directly on the jira task. Is it possible with Worklogs by SolDevelo ?

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Jeanne ROBERT Sorry, I don't think it's possible for Worklogs to display the time by user within the task, you would need to run a Worklogs report or view a Worklogs gadget on a dashboard.

Or if it's possible to export from jira search bar the time spent by different user ? without install an application on Jira ?

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2023

Hi @Jeanne ROBERT No, sorry, I'm not aware of any way to do that.

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Hi @Jeanne ROBERT 

Why would you want to have a separate time tracking field?

What you need is a report to filter spent time on Team, that is possible with Tempo Logged Time Report which you can filter by team.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 12.42.13.png

Alternatively, just create another issue (standard/base or sub-task) for your QA team to log their work seperately.

I have to seperate the time tracking because i need to know how much time each team had worked

Can i see the different time tracking on a task ? without having to go to the tempo app ?

Susan Wu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2023

Jira stores all the worklogs in one place. Even if you have installed multiple time tracking apps, they will show the same total worked hours of the issue.

Most of the customers would use either Jira custom fields/Tempo Teams/Tempo Accounts/Tempo work attributes to categorize or group the issues/worklogs.

For example, once you have setup Tempo Teams, you can see the hours worked by a specific Team in Jira Dashboard with Tempo Teams Gadgets without go into Tempo. 

Tempo Teams Gadgets.png

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Susan

Tempo Product Expert

0 votes
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Jeanne ROBERT 

Try to help you. If I understand correctly, you need two fields for time tracking, and you are currently working with Tempo.

Here's what I suggest.

Try the application from my company Cost Tracker for Jira Cloud.

It is currently able to work with Tempo workflows and other time-tracking applications.
And also generate high-quality reports.

Let one team log time in Tempo and the other in Jira's built-in time-tracking functionality.

Then, by installing Cost Tracker, you can generate two reports - one on Tempo logs and the other on Jira workflows.

We hope it will be helpful for you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events