How to add a column 'Assignee' to the Sprints

Dzmitry Rudovich February 12, 2014

Hello there! I have a question about adding new column to the Sprints or backlogs in Agile.

So, can I do this?

Thanks for answer.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2014

Hi Dzmitry,

Yes I understand the point. In fact, there's no such column in Agile boards as the UI is different from Issue Navigator. The only way to filter assignees is to use Quick Filters as I suggested. And in Work mode, you can make use of another feature called Swimlanes to flexibly group the issues. In my opinion, Quick Filters is not optimal but quite convenient as you can easily switch among different filters.

All the best,

Andy

Dzmitry Rudovich February 13, 2014

Thank you, Andy!

All the best.

1 vote
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2014

Hi Dzmitry,

May I know the reason why you need such a big column in Agile boards? Is it because you'd like to view the assignee of all the issues like in Issue Navigator page where you may find how many issues a particular assignee is currently working on?

If that's the case, I think you can make use of Quick Filters. As you can notice, we have a default quick filter like Only My Issues. You can configure the board to add similar filters for various assignees and then you'll be able to filter which one is working on which issues.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Cheers,

Andy

So, our developers team leads want to see assignees in their agile boards like in issue navigator page, because of "it's hard to find assignee in detail panel".

Dzmitry

1 vote
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

Do you mean in the planning view to see Asignee as a column?

Yes, I mean that, thanks.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

It is not possible without code changes to my knowledge

...as I thought. Thank you very much, Peter.

0 votes

Hello, Andy! Yes, I mean a custom column (like Assignee) in Plan mode.

Thanks!

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2014

Hi Dzmitry,

What do you mean by "new column to the Sprints or backlogs"? Is it something like the columns in Work mode (To Do, In Progress, Done) or is it an issue field on the Issue Detail View pane?

Cheers,

Andy

Suggest an answer