How to add Sprints in the Backlog view?

Jenny Miller December 8, 2021

Currently our backlog allows us to input through Sprint ending 12/31. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hello @Jenny Miller 

Welcome to the community.

Can you please provide more information about the problem you are facing? Is the problem with setting the end date later than 12/31/2021? Or with creating a sprint at all?

Jenny Miller December 8, 2021

Hi @Trudy Claspill , thank you for the welcome and reaching out. I guess I don't know how to set the end date later than 12/31, which I see now we have until 1/14.  Specifically, how can I see/create sprints further out?

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 2.53.02 PM.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Who created the sprints that already exists? Have you asked that person for guidance?

On your Scrum board you can edit the sprint dates. First, navigate to the Scrum Board where you Sprints are planned. You will need to have sufficient permissions to manage sprints for the project(s) in the scrum board to execute these steps.

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? It will say which type it is when you view the project (or Scrum board) at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left. The steps/screen below are from a Company Managed project.

1. Create the Sprint

2. Click Add Dates

3. Enter the date range you want for the sprint.

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.17.04 PM.png

If the sprint already exists, you can click in the ... button to the right of the sprint and select Edit Sprint to open the dialog again and change the dates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events