How to achieve "Status changed from Todo and status not changed by assignee"?

Richard Lucas May 7, 2021

We want to promote the practice in our team that our issues have been discussed by the assignee with the reviewer, before the issue is moved by the Reviewer from 'Todo' to 'Ready for Work'.  That would indicate that some form of discussion has gone ahead.

We don't want to use Workflow Conditions to enforce this.

So what we looking to achieve is a filter either:

"status changed from 'To Do' and status changed by reviewer()"

or:

"status changed from 'To Do' and status not changed by assignee()"

Unfortunately I can't seem to find a way of implementing either of these functions. JQL doesn't support either, and I'm not sure I could implement it as a ScriptRunner custom  JQL function.

Does the hive mind have any suggestions?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

I’m not sure why you would not want to do this with a condition in the workflow. Seems like such a natural fit if you want the reviewer to be the one to transition that’s exactly what the condition is for. Another possible option would be to somehow incorporate Automation such that when the transition is done you could check to verify if it was done by the reviewer. You would want to have a user picker custom field that recorded the reviewer so you can verify against that. You could send an email if violations. 

0 votes
Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Richard Lucas  Use something like this :- 

(status changed FROM "in review" TO "resolved") AND assignee = vikrant-yadav2

status changed from x to y on <date> by <username> AND assignee was <username> on <date>
Richard Lucas May 7, 2021

Thanks Vikrankt, but how do we avoid hard coding the username? That's the bit that's stumped me.

Suggest an answer