How to Show an Epic with its Tasks/Stories directly under it in a JQL Filter

William Trebes March 26, 2024

I am trying to get the epics of a project to be shown in a filter that will go into a dashboard, where the tasks/stories of an epic will be show in order. e.g. 

Epic 1 

- Task 1

- Task 2

- Story 1 

Epic 2 

- Task 3

Story 2

2 answers

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2024

Hi @William Trebes 

Jira Software natively does not show this hierarchy. If you are fine to try out a mktplace app, do take a look at an add-on we have developed for the same use case.

Issue Hierarchy 

You can view/create your complete hierarchy in a tree view. With Roll up for Time estimates and Story Points and custom number fields ate each parent level. Also there are a number of smart fields like child issue types, %completed (based on statuses) available in the app.

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Epic Hierarchy - Gadget.PNG

Hi Amay, 

Thanks for this, I will look into this. 

Thanks

Like Amay Purohit_RVS likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2024

Hello @William Trebes 

There is no gadget native to Jira Cloud that will provide that hierarchical presentation of issues on a dashboard.

Are you willing to consider a third party app?

Hi Trudy, 

I am open to third party applications, yes. 

Thanks 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events