How to Setup Separate Required Fields for Issue Types

Hi All,

I'm on my third day of trying to set this up. I want certain fields required for bugs, but not for stories and epics. I have read dozens of articles and still can't quite get this.

I have 1 Field Configuration Scheme and in it I have associated Epic Issue Type with an Epic Field Configuration and Bugs with a Bug Field Configuration. I have three Field Configurations: Default, Bug, and Epic. 

I have a Bug Screen Scheme (associated to the Project Management Issue Type Screen Scheme) this is configured to the bug screen, Epic Screen Scheme (associated to the Project Management Issue Type Screen Scheme) this is configured to the epic screen, and Default Screen Scheme (associated to the Project Management Issue Type Screen Scheme and Default Issue Type Screen Scheme) this is configured to the default screen

It seems that somehow eveything is defaulting to the Bug Field Configuration and I can't figure out why! All three configurations have Bug Screens, Epic Screens, and Default Screens in them, is this the issue? 

Please help, I've spent 3 days trying to figure this out...

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler Brown Community Champion Sep 14, 2017

Hey Danielle,

Try making an Issue Type Screen Scheme for each of your Issue Types.

Tyler

Suggest an answer

Stay in touch

Be the first to know what's trending on Atlassian Community