How to SetUp JIRA software(Starter license) on my server and setup database

How to setup JIRA licensed software and database setup on my server 

1 answer

0 votes

Run the installer and answer the questions it asks.

If you want to do it properly, you will want to install a database server as well, as a data store.  It will be asked about as you run the installer.

Thanks Nic,

So if I have to setup in linux server, do I need to run the installer on the server or on my PC itself?

It's a web-application - you install it on a server, then talk to it via a client application (generally, a browser)

Thanks Nic, so you mean I should install the exe on my linux server and then how to get the URL, so that I can use it? and the database setup?

No.

An exe is for Windows.  You need to get the Linux download.  Assuming you accept the defaults, the url will be http://<the host name of your server>:8080

I can't help you with database setup - you need to choose one and install it as per documnetation (I'd recommend PostGres if you have not got a favourite in mind)

Thanks Nic,

I do have 1 more question.

Is JIRA supported only in Apache tomcat server?

No other server like jboss will go?

Technically, you could run it on other application servers, but you won't be supported and it's a right pain to extract it all from a Tomcat installation and move it. 

So the simple answer is "no".  Use Tomcat.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

927 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot