How to I get list view in a Business Project to keep my changes for the view?

Andrew Kohn December 12, 2022

Good day!  I'm currently using Jira Business Project and love the list view.  However each time I start for the day, and I click on the List view, the format of that table has reset.  All of the custom fields I choose to see (using the plus) are reset back to the default view.

I am an admin on the project site, if that helps.  Thank you much!

(this is the view I'm talking about)

ScreenShot 2022-12-12 at 08.26.11@2x.png

3 answers

2 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

Hi Andrew - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is a known issue with JWM. See this feature request to vote for an follow.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JWMCLOUD-173

If I read that correct @John Funk , it says the changes are only valid for that user.  I would be ok with that for me, if it stuck from day-to-day.  Unfortunately I make the change for me today and it is gone tomorrow (resets to default).

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2022

I agree - and maybe there should be a separate request for that. Or maybe it's just a bug that needs to be reported. I am seen it come and go several times. I suggest opening a support ticket with Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Andrew Kohn December 13, 2022

Thank you!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2022

Hey Andrew -  a little more info: as I understand it, the settings for the List are being stored locally in the browser. So if you clear your cache/browsing history, it loses the settings. 

Kassandra Glueck January 11, 2023

Did you end up opening a ticket? I am having this same issue, and would give it a vote. 

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 12, 2022

Hi @Andrew Kohn welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Does this happen for all your users or just you?

I don't know, I'll ask around and circle back @Dave Mathijs .  In the meantime I can confirm it happens to me across three different browsers.

Andrew Kohn December 13, 2022

And confirmed, it affects others as well.

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 13, 2022

Hi @Andrew Kohn

if you'd want an immediate solution to this and be open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would be solved with the app that my team is working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you'd do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping, sum-ups, and conditional formatting. Plus, all your table configurations are persisted (and can even be shared with your team members, if you'd like that).

This is how it looks in action:

priority-change.gif

JXL integrates into the project sidebar, so many of our customers use it successfully as an extension to Jira's native views. JXL also works with all project types: JWM, but also Jira Software, and Jira Service Management.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events