Is there any plugin or csv file to import and required steps

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 29, 2024

Hi Tharunkumar,

There is not a native feature to do this. Take a look here for add-ons.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=server&query=bulk%20user

0 votes
Parenteauirving 4
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

To bulk export and import users/groups in Jira, you can follow these steps:

**Bulk Export Users/Groups:**

1. Log in to your Jira instance as an administrator.
2. Navigate to the "User Management" section. This is usually found under the Administration menu.
3. Select the option for "Bulk User Export" or "Bulk Group Export," depending on whether you want to export users or groups.
4. Follow the prompts to specify the criteria for the export, such as selecting specific users/groups or applying filters.
5. Once you've configured the export settings, initiate the export process.
6. The exported data will typically be in a CSV (Comma-Separated Values) format, which you can download and save locally.

**Bulk Import Users/Groups:**

1. Log in to your Jira instance as an administrator.
2. Navigate to the "User Management" section, similar to the export process.
3. Select the option for "Bulk User Import" or "Bulk Group Import."
4. Prepare your data in a CSV file format with the required fields for user/group import. You may need to refer to Jira's documentation for the specific format and required fields.
5. Upload the CSV file containing the user/group data.
6. Follow the prompts to map the fields from your CSV file to the corresponding fields in Jira.
7. Review and confirm the import settings before finalizing the import process.

**Considerations:**

- Ensure that the CSV file format adheres to Jira's import requirements, including correct field mapping and data formatting.
- Backup your Jira instance before performing bulk operations, especially when importing large datasets, to mitigate the risk of data loss or corruption.
- It's recommended to test the import process with a small sample dataset before performing a full-scale import to ensure compatibility and avoid unexpected issues.

**Plugins:**

While there may be plugins available in the Atlassian Marketplace that offer additional features or streamline the bulk export/import process, it's essential to review the plugin's compatibility with your Jira version and its reviews/ratings from other users before installation.

By following these steps, you should be able to efficiently perform bulk export and import of users/groups in Jira. If you encounter any difficulties or require further assistance, don't hesitate to consult Jira's documentation or reach out to Atlassian support for guidance tailored to your specific requirements.

If you need any help, feel free to ask me!

0 votes
Tharunkumar B February 29, 2024

Still more and easy way to Migrate users from LDAP to JIRA Internal Directory.

Required-plugin list and csv

required-Alternative options

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2024

Hello @Tharunkumar B 

For exporting the users: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220535/user-and-group-export-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

However for server, Atlassian doesn't offer sales since its end of support.

For importing the users: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218266/csv-user-importer-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

Same thing as the first application, it doesn't support the sales.

This is however available for data center.

0 votes
Tharunkumar B February 29, 2024

I'm using Jira Server 7.9.2

0 votes
Maja Vallin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

Hi,

There are some apps on the marketplace where you have bulk options for user management. 

This one is Cloud fortified and have good reviews. But I don't see anything about importing users, but a lot of other good functions for editing of users. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224410/manage-users-for-jira-cloud?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

This one is not cloud fortified but it has the feature of importing users with an CVS file

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218266/csv-user-importer-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events