How the user, which doesn't have access to the Agile view, can filter the sprint issues?

Felipe Somolinos January 14, 2014

I have a scrum project which has two users that are not developers, neither administrators. They're simple users and I need that they could filter the sprint issues on the Issues Search view, since they don't have access to the Agile view.

When I try to filter the issues by sprint, it shows me a message that I copy here: "Sprint is not applicable to the current project and/or issue type." However, this is an agile scrum project, which I manage by sprints with my team of developers.

How can I manage this?

Regards,

FG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brannon Fay January 15, 2014

Hi Felipe,

As Peter said, yes, it depends on what version of JIRA you are on. It wasn't until relatively recently that JIRA added "sprint" to JQL. Before then you had to use Jaime's plugin to get the JQL function to query on sprints.

Assuming you are on the version that includes "sprint" in JQL (v6 or 6.1?). you can query JQL by Sprint name, so make sure they are named uniquely across all Agile teams in your instance. We learned this after a couple sprints and included our team name. Once you find and select the name, it will be replaced with the Sprint ID, thus the 3 in Peter's example. Based on how you describe your users, you likely want to save that as a filter and make it available to them.

Brannon

1 vote
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

Hi Felipe,

can you send the JQL for the filter. Which version of JIRA and Agile are you using.

the following querry works for me:

"project = PRJ and sprint = 3"

0 votes
Felipe Somolinos February 19, 2015

Hi Peter and Brannon,

It worked fine with the JQL with the sprint clause. 

Thanks.

FG

Suggest an answer