Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How the reports (Burn down and velocity) looks like for parallel sprints?

Hi,

I want to check one scenario of running parallel sprints. I have one board, 2 projects two different teams are working on it and for both have separate sprint goals do I have to run the parallel sprints. If yes how the burn down and velocity reports look like? will it be separate for each active sprints? Do i need to consider running parallel sprints or separate board. Please advice 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Krupal Lakhia 

Welcome to the community.

If you have one board and want to have two teams working in that board in separate sprints, you will need to enable Parallel Sprints for your instance.

The Burndown Chart reports based on selected sprint in the associated board and is not directly impacted by parallel sprints. 

The Velocity Chart shows the last 7 sprints associated with a board, regardless of whether or not parallel sprints are enabled. It would intermingle the sprints for both teams if they use one board and parallel sprints.

If you want to obtain Velocity Charts that are for only one team or the other, you will have to use separate boards for the teams.

Thank you Trudy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,069 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events