How many JSM Licenses are required?

Krystle Webster - IPOM March 25, 2024

My agency currently has 500 Jira data center licenses and we are looking to purchase confluence and JSM and Confluence. I've tried searching for this answer however, I can't seem to find anything just yet. 

Question:

How many JSM and Confluence licenses are needed if I have 500 Jira licenses? Is it also 500? Or does that matter?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hello @Krystle Webster - IPOM ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

JSM is licensed by agents, that is, whoever is responsible for transitioning support tickets in JSM occupies a license.  Customers don't need a license to create ticket through the portal or email.  Anyone with an existing Jira license could view support tickets through project permissions.

As far as Confluence goes, if you're using it to create or modify your Knowledgebase, that ability is part of the JSM license as long as you stay in JSM.

So, you'll find that you probably need less than 500.

Thanks so much @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this
0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Krystle Webster - IPOM,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

The minimum license tier for JSM DC is 50 agents, and for Confluence DC the minimum is 500 users.

Thanks so much @Mikael Sandberg

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer