How long the old view be enabled?

Suresh Masilamani April 2, 2021

Hi Team, 

As per - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/temporarily-click-through-to-the-old-issue-view/ , the old view will be available for a limited period. 

I would like to know the exact timeframe on when the old view will be completely turned off for the users.

3 answers

1 accepted

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2022

Hello!

For everyone landing on this page, we would like to let you know that we've fully migrated 99% of all Jira sites to use the new issue view of Jira cloud by default, however, we don't have any ETA to remove the temporary workaround described in the documentation below:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/temporarily-click-through-to-the-old-issue-view/

Although we don't have any target dates to remove this workaround, we still have some FRs and bugs in the new issue view which are not planned to be deployed/fixed before October 2022, so it's unlikely that this option will be removed before that time.

Thanks,
Petter Gonçalves - Atlassian Community

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi Suresh - I don't know that anyone has an exact timeframe - just that they started rolling out on the 31st. I wouldn't imagine it taking very long to get everyone. 

Suresh Masilamani April 2, 2021

Thanks for your response, John.

We are having some issues with the new Jira, and our customers who use Jira based on our recommendation have a deadline on their project and wanted to have the old view available for few more months.

I'm guessing at least the old Jira will be available till the third quarter of this year.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Suresh Masilamani 

Your guess is as good as ours, given the support page doesn't mention a date! You could ask Atlassian Support directly to see if they'll give you a timeframe?

The temporary click-through though is per load of the issue, so it'd be better to just use the new view.

What issues are you facing with it which stops its use?

Ste

Suggest an answer