How i can send notification in slack channel, when someone mentioned him in Jira (comment)?

Denis Uschapivsky May 18, 2021

I need to create notification in Slack channel, when someone mentioned agent or customer in comment. We already integrated Slack in Jira, but i dont know how to create exactly this type of notification.
Maybe we need to use JQL? But how write this type of reques?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi @Denis Uschapivsky 

You can do this with Automation for JIRA and here is a good article to start with which can help you in your setup

Hi @Mohamed Adel 
I need to somehow create an alert in the Slack channel if a specific agent is mentioned in the comment field.

I've tried do this in a regular way, but i see that i need use JQL.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

@Denis Uschapivsky 

why not to try automation for jira and add advanced condition as the following

if {{issue.comments.last.body}} contains "your username"

then send alert to slack channel

can you please share for example a screenshot or something like that?

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2021

sure,

you can do something like this Slack.PNG

Many thanks)

Like Mohamed Adel likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL