How does one add tables in new Jira view?

Ken Johnson September 21, 2018

Our team reports a lot of data in small tables in a lot of Jira issues. The new markdown format for Jira issues seems to have removed tables as a feature. I am currently using "see the old view" and inserting tables using the previous wiki markup, however I want to find the long term solution using Jira's new markdown syntax for issues. Even following Atlassian's directions on tables in markdown doesn't work. How can I add tables in the new view? If it isn't enabled yet, is it going to be? Will all our old tables be killed if Atlassian moves to new format?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ken Johnson September 18, 2020

In case its not clear, this issue was resolved a while back. There are now buttons to add tables to the description.

2 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hello Ken,

The behavior you informed about the New Issue View is being reported and treated as a bug by our Atlassian Developers:

Wiki Markup does not work in the New Jira Issue View

That being said, we are currently working to fix it and is unlikely that our development team are going to disable you from the old version without fixing the Wiki Markup first.

Please, feel free to watch the bug to receive new updates about it.

Renu Joseph December 13, 2018

s it possible to add Excel sheets into comments

Suggest an answer