How does Jira Agile consider non-working days?

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Before we registered non-working days in Greenhopper. My first question in this regards - does Jira Agile take these non-working days into consideration?Or is this information lost?

Second; if this information is lost - do I have to register the same non-working days for every board? In case I have 3 different boards with people working in the same timezone on the three boards - do I have to register the same public holidays three times?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2013

Hey there, Ivar.

The non-working days in JIRA Agile / GreenHopper is considered when you set it up on the JIRA Agile / GreenHopper side. As mentioned in the following documentation, . if you set JIRA's time-tracking to five days, JIRA Agile will take for granted that the weekends are non-working days, which means it is independent of JIRA.

The answer to your second question is yes. Each board is exclusive to their own configuration. Therefore, if the setting is lost, you will need to reconfigure the boards accordingly to take precedence of their own non-working days. Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

So if I understand you correct - non-working days registered in Jira Agile "general configuration" are sort of global, while the days registered per rapid board are more local to the team working the board.

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2013

Ohh... so if I have 10 rapid boards and 25 non-working days I basically have to register the same 25 days 10 times... or create a "template board" with all dates in place.. which will still not really be a workaround as new days must be added to the existing boards as soon as we turn to the next year.

Is there a way to get this a bit more efficient? We will have quite some boards, and at least some of them will live over years (product development team).

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2013

Hey there, Ivar.

The non-working days for JIRA Agile Configuration, please take note that the non-working days there is meant for Classic Planning Board, Classic Task Board, Classic Chart Board andClassic Released Board.

Precisely, the non-working days for Rapid Board is specific for the team that is working with it. You got that right.

Warm regards,

Danial

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
September 18, 2013

Hey there again, Ivar.

Apart from that, I can't think of any other ways of doing so. Perhaps it can be raised as an Improvement request in https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa to address this to the JIRA Agile / GreenHopper developers. I am pretty sure that it will be beneficial to other users as well.

Warm regards,

Danial

Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2013

Suggest an answer