How does Atlassian recommend that we do Scrum of Scrums?

Carl Schutte November 5, 2012

We have a rather large and complex product consisting of many subsystems. Each subsystem then consisting of multiple components. We have different scrum teams working on different subsystems.

I couldn't find any information in the GH documentation about how to do Scrum of Scrums?

Should each subsystem have it's own project?

Do I then create a rapid board for each project and an overall product rapid board that references all the projects?

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
sclowes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Hi Carl,

Take a look at the discussion in this answers post, you can have sub boards that show just one sprint and a parent board that sees all of the other sprints. This is the approach we use for Scrum of Scrums here at Atlassian.

Cheers,
Shaun

Carl Schutte November 6, 2012

Thanks Shaun... this looks good - I'll have a read and revert.

-Carl

0 votes
Answer accepted
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2012

Hi Carl,

There are a few ways to achieve this, check out this cool presentation by Atlassian partner (Spartez):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvRyP34W4Sk

http://www.slideshare.net/london_aug/scrum-of-scrums-with-jira-and-greenhopper

Hope this helps, Carl.

Cheers, Vicky

Carl Schutte November 6, 2012

Hi Vicky,

Whilst this video was mildy informative, it has 2 significant drawbacks:

1. The solution provided by Spartez involved a fair amount of hackery - most notably patching the GreenHopper JAR.

2. The solution makes complete use of the classic board, which is no longer being supported.

So, I'm afraid it doesn't really help me at all.

-Carl

Suggest an answer