How do you set notification rules in 'next-gen' projects?

Christine Guarderas January 4, 2019

If I go to the admin page for project notifications - the next gen project is no where on the list.  If I go into the project settings of the project, notifications are not an option for configuration. 

How to do I customize when email notifications go out when updating next gen epics/stories? 

thx. 

3 answers

2 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

Hi @Christine Guarderas, Next-gen is a simplified template that has built-in non-configurable notifications. You might want to keep an eye on the public roadmap and/or you may wish to present feedback to Atlassian via the give feedback link under your avatar bottom left.

Pieter Kuppens April 5, 2019

@Jack Brickey , I can't see anything with Notifications on the roadmap for next-gen.

After creating 1 task in my new next-gen project, and finding out that I can't configure or even just disable notifications, I switch back to a classic project:

I don't want mail filters, because I'm afraid to miss emails from different, critical projects.

And I don't want to be spammed.

Like # people like this
Jonathan Gibson April 19, 2019

This seems like it will be a considerable blocker to selling Next-gen to teams that don't want email spam or having to hunt through a filtered mail folder for issues someone has tagged them with in a comment.

Can this get added to the roadmap asap please? - it's not there as far as I can see.

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

@Jonathan Gibson , i would recommend providing feedback via the feedback link in the application itself as that is a straight pipe into Atlassian PM as I understand it.

Jonathan Gibson April 22, 2019

I have done so - although I note with interest that the in-app feedback also directs me back to this forum as an option.

Nefarious! :-)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2019

you might wish to provide that feedback to Atlassian via the feedback link in the application.

Suggest an answer