How do you "close" and issue in GreenHopper?

Franci Kursh August 8, 2013

I have PBis that have been created that are now part of other PBI's. I don't want to delete them because I need a record that they have been merged into other projects.

In greenhopper I only have status choices of To Do, In Progress, and Done - I can delete, but that's not going to give me the ability to track these issues.

Help is appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Leader August 10, 2013

I believe you need to go in a different way, Franci.

There is that question, if they were moved, how were they moved? Did you just create new issues and cut and paste? Beacuse as Ronny says, any issues that were moved via the move command should not leave copies.

Next, just because you move an issue into the "done" column doesn't mean that it's going to be marked as resolved. The resolution field is complicated. Either it doesn't have any resolution (so it says unresolved) or it does have resolution. If it does have resolution, then it displays a specific resolution, such as Fixed or Duplicate. You can configure your system with custom resolutions if you'd like.

If I was customizing your JIRA setup, I would make sure that when you marked an issue as "done" that a transition screen would pop up and ask you what the resolution was. Was it fixed? Was it a duplicate? Was it migrated into another project? Creating your own custom field for this behavior is definitely a bad idea. If you want to search against the resolution, that's very easy to do in JIRA.

Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2013

Thanks Franci. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Go to the screens screen (type g g then enter screens) and you can create special screens. Then when you're designing a workflow, you select the transition and edit it and you can choose which screen (if any) pop up when you make the transition. Does that work?

Franci Kursh August 14, 2013

Justin-

I am a novice obvioulsy, and after fishing around in Jira and playing with workflows, I sitll have no idea how to create this transition screen you speak of. Any guidance on how to make that happen?

Thanks, Franci

0 votes
Franci Kursh August 9, 2013

Thanks Ronny - I could create a separate field that indicates if the issue was "resolved" because it was a duplicate or being folded into another project. It sounds like that's my best option.

0 votes
Ronny Katzenberger August 8, 2013

Hi Franci,

you could move them to the DONE column, which automatically sets the status to done and also marks the issue as resolved (resolved date will be populated).

If you configure your agile board (click on the gear icon in the upper right corner on your agile board), you can configure your columns and their mapped statuses.

You should be able to pull in the resolved status separately if needed.

But generally, if you move an issue to another project, they should not show up on your agile board any more, unless you pull in several projects for your board.

A good way of filtering out unwanted issues is to change your filter for the agile board.
You can do so using the "configure" link again (gear icon).

Hope this helps.
Ronny

Suggest an answer