How do you manage tasks related to a story in GreenHopper?

David Parks February 13, 2012

I'm new to GreenHopper and trying to set it up.

I have added a couple of stories to a sprint that I created. How can I create and manage TASKS? Right now the task board shows my stories, and all I can figure out how to do is add "Stories", "Epics", and "Bugs".

How do I created and manage the tasks within a sprint?? You normally complete tasks that belong to a story during a sprint, you don't complete the story its self (at least in our wall version, that's how it naturally works).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Tasks are created as sub-tasks under the story. The scrum template gives the issue type as "Technical Task" which the scrum teams create under the respective userstory they pick up for the sprint.

David Parks February 14, 2012

What screen do I need to be on to create this?

I'm on the planning board, but technical task isn't in the pulldown list when I click 'Add Card'

When I go to the task board I see the 'Story' cards, I need to be seeing the tasks there (which I can't yet create).

Thanks,
David

David Parks February 14, 2012

Ah, after getting online with support we found that subtasks were not enabled... Now things are working well. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer