How do you make a custom field required in a next gen project?

Upwan Chachra November 28, 2018

I've added some custom fields to a next gen project and want to make some of these fields required, but, can't find a way to do it. 

2 answers

1 vote
Nathan Sturgess
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

Hi @Upwan Chachra

We have released this feature to Jira Service Desk but require some additional work on the issue create dialogue and board to be able to release this feature to Jira Software, due to inline issue create on the board.

I know that doesn't help you with your immediate problem but I just wanted to keep you in the loop and let you know that we are working on it.

Regards,

Nate 

0 votes
Pavan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018
Fiona Young February 26, 2020

What was the timescale for these fields? Is it likely to be in Q1 or 2?

Paul Benati February 27, 2020

Any update for us on JS NG's ability to have custom fields be required?

Fiona Young May 20, 2020

@Nathan Sturgess has there been any update on the date Required fields will be released? I can't see it in the link for the upcoming work.

Nathan Sturgess
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2020

@Fiona Young you referring to a Jira Software Project right? 

Right now there is no ability to make fields required in Jira Software Next-gen projects. 

Good news though, the team that blocked that feature, are just about to do the work to finally bring this into Next-gen!

Regards,

Nate

Mark Lombardi September 24, 2020

Define "soon" its been on the Roadmap since 2018 with no progress and you want people to get excited now? If they could have they would have moved onto another product or service by now. This is such a critical feature for managing workflows. Next-gen projects should not have been released without this functionality.

Like Mauricio Morales likes this

Suggest an answer